The best worst children movies ever!
1. The Wizard. A boy and his two friends run away from home and hitch cross country to compete in the ultimate video game championship.
To be honest, I literally geek out whenever I see this movie. It’s the absolute worst, it’s cheesey, it has bad 80’s montage music, the ending is a little incoherent, but it does have Jennifer Lewis who is the lead singer of Rilo Kiley.
2. Super Mario Brothers. Another Nintendo-related movie based on the popular game Super Mario Brothers. Huge FAIL of a movie.
This movie would give me nightmares as a child. The monsters were so creepy.
3. Airborne. Mitchell Goosen is sixteen/seventeen year old kid from California who loves to surf and roller blade. Yet, his parents, who are two zoologists were given a grant to work in Australia. The only problem was: Mitchell couldn’t go with them. So, he gets sent to stay with his aunt, uncle, and cousin in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Okay, so this wasn’t exactly a kids movie but it is equally bad. There was no way you could avoid this movie on the Disney Channel, when I was a kid. Plus that Shane McDermott is such a cutie.
This was my sister’s RPatz.
3. The Mighty Ducks. Emilio Estevez is forced to coach a losing Little Leaguse Hockey Team. Cheesefactor=GO! Very predictable plot.
Although I hate this movie, I just couldn’t help but watch it. This movie even had sequels. D2, and D3. This even spawned a Saturday Morning cartoon, that featured actual ducks playing hockey. Oy Vey Disney.
4. Space Camp. The young attendees of a space camp find themselves in space for real when their shuttle is accidently launched into orbit.
I really don’t recommend watching this. I know I’m named this post so bad it’s good. But this is really just plain bad.
5. The 3 ninjas. Three young brothers, who have been trained in ninja techniques from an early age, learn that they possess powers which evil crooks would like to control. When a kidnap is attempted, they must defend themselves using all their skills
I seriously think that some movie exec was like, “hmmmm what’s better than just one Karate Kid?” “Three Karate Kids!” Plus this movie spawned two more sequels. One that included Hulk Hogan. Hogan was never cool in my generation.